There is a good chance that, if you have an interest in skincare, you’ve heard of the natural skincare brand Mad Hippie. It has has risen in popularity over the past few years, quickly becoming a favorite among skincare fans. While they are most known for their Vitamin C Serum, the brand also offers an Eye Cream.
It is packed with powerful active ingredients, and has the potential to fight the signs of aging and reduce puffiness and dark circles. Read on for a Mad Hippie Eye Cream review, as well as more information about the star ingredients and the brand.
Table of Contents
The Mad Hippie Brand
Mad Hippie is a skincare brand that has exploded over the past few years. They stand behind the idea that natural skincare products can still be incredibly effective. Mad Hippie products are made without dyes, synthetic fragrances, parabens, petrochemicals, PEGs, SLS, and other unnecessary additives. All products are cruelty-free, as well as vegan (besides their SPF, which contains beeswax). Additionally, the company values reducing their carbon footprint, and $1 of every web sale is donated to conservation efforts.
Mad Hippie Eye Cream Review: What it Does
Mad Hippie Eye Cream is meant to help with the signs of aging that appear around the eyes. This includes crow’s feet, bags, and dark circles. It contains a blend of peptides, ceramides, antioxidants, and other powerful ingredients that work together to fight these signs of aging. This means that, over time, the eye area will appear brighter, younger, and softer. The cream will also prevent new signs of aging from forming in the eye area.
How to Use
The product is simple to use. Dispense a small amount of product on your finger, and gently massage it in the skin besides and below the eyes twice a day. Your ring finger works best, as it has the gentlest touch.
Mad Hippie Eye Cream: Key Ingredients
Mad Hippie Eye Cream contains a wealth of active ingredients that fight the signs of aging. The ingredient list includes the following:
Ingredients for Anti-Aging & Wrinkles
- Syn-Eye: This is a peptide complex that acts as an anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, and smoothing agent. It can also reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Vitamin E: This antioxidant can fight against free radicals, helping skin push back against any signs of aging.
- Vitamin C: This is another powerful antioxidant that you’ll find in a lot of skincare products. It has the ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, as well as discoloration.
- Matrixyl Synthe ‘6: This is another peptide. It has the ability to enhance smoothness and skin elasticity and stimulate collagen, making it an excellent ingredient for rejuvenating the eye area.
Ingredients for Moisturizing & Skin Texture
- Regu-age: This peptide complex was designed specifically to treat dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. In clinical studies of the ingredient, there was over a 30% improvement in skin texture in just 4 weeks.
- Chamomile Extract: Extract from the chamomile flower provides a protective shield for the delicate eye area. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient, and it naturally calms and soothes the skin.
- Pomegranate: This antioxidant is a great source for ellagic acid, which can protect the skin from oxidative stress from UV radiation.
- Wheat Protein: Wheat protein is used in skincare to improve the texture of skin. It can tighten, as well as provide hydration.
- Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 – also known as niacinamide – can even out the overall skin tone and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Argan Oil: This oil is a popular ingredient in many skincare products, as it contains essential fatty acids, phytosterols, and vitamin E. It soothes and moisturizes the skin, and can reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- White Tea: White tea is rich in antioxidants, making it another excellent ingredient for fighting any aging-causing aggressors.
- Ceramide 3: Ceramides play an important role in the skin’s barrier function. They protect the skin while maintaining high levels of moisture.
Mad Hippie Eye Cream Reviews from Online Consumers
A variety of people have shared their Mad Hippie Eye Cream reviews online. These are some of the comments from product users:
- “I have applied this product morning and evening to my under eyes, and I have noticed the appearance of fine lines (crow’s feet) disappear slightly. [It] prevents makeup from setting in those fine lines which often enhances them even more. Sometimes when I apply too much, my powder foundation will cake near the corners of my eyes. I’ve learned to use less, and the [problem] is solved!” – Jess on Ulta
- “The consistency is more of a lotion and less of a thick balm like other eye creams on the market. It feels nice going on but I’m not sure if I’ve seen a crazy difference in any fine lines. It’s still a nice eye cream that is hydrating, but maybe not the most potent.” – Serina M. on Influenster
- “At 54 years old, I don’t have deep crow’s feet, but [I do] have some fine lines around my eyes. The eye cream has seemingly diminished those fine lines.” – Cheryl C. on Influenster
- “I’ve had dark circles under my eyes since I was a kid, but this got rid of them in less than a week! I only use this eye cream at night, because it doesn’t work under makeup at all for me. It starts to pill and look really dry.” – Brianna on Ulta
- “I have used Burt’s Bees and Juice Beauty, but this is by far the winner! I haven’t noticed much in terms of minimizing fine lines, but it has significantly faded a broken blood vessel under my eye that I have had for 9 years!” – A consumer on Ulta
- “I got this to try to tame the darkness under my eyes. I’ve been using it for a week and have seen a significant improvement in the hydration of my undereyes as well as the color.” – Nicole P. on Influenster
Summary from Online Reviews
Most reviewers agree that the Mad Hippie Eye Cream helps with moisturizing the area and reducing dark circles. There are some mixed reviews on whether it helps with fine lines. However, the consensus does skew towards it positively helping reduce the appearance of fine lines. It’s also important to note that results can depend on consistency of use and how long the product has been used, which most reviewers don’t note.
As a few users have noted, the eye cream might not work well under makeup. If you are a makeup wearer, you might need to play with the amount applied. It seems that the consensus is less eye cream is best for creating a good base for makeup wearers.
Final Thoughts – 5/5
Considering the slew of active ingredients and the positive user reviews, Mad Hippie Eye Cream is a great option for people trying to fight signs of aging, puffiness, and dark circles. The price point makes it one of the more accessible eye cream options available on the market.
Pairing it with Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
Mad Hippie might be best known for their Vitamin C Serum. It is a cult-favorite and award-winning product that will pair well with the eye cream. Besides vitamin C, it also contains vitamin E, ferulic acid (an antioxidant which is particularly powerful when paired with vitamins C and E), hyaluronic acid (which attracts moisture to the skin), and konjac root (which softens, smoothes, and protects the skin). Vitamin C is particularly great for fighting the signs of aging, brightening the skin, and even healing or reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- The Mad Hippie Eye Cream is a great, reasonably-priced product that has powerful active ingredients that fight signs of aging and reduces puffiness and dark circles.
- Consumers have shared their own Mad Hippie Eye Cream review online. Many determine that it is great for hydration under the eyes and reducing dark circles. Most determine that it helps with reducing the appearance of fine lines, but some report that they don’t notice a difference.
- The product is natural, vegan, and cruelty-free.