If you weren’t aware, Reddit can be a great place to find product recommendations. The users and communities are dedicated to providing valuable information and help provide crucial information to guide purchases. If you’re looking for the best vitamin c serum to add to your arsenal of products, Reddit reviews are a great place to get some ideas.
Here are the 7 best vitamin c serums, according to reddit users.
Table of Contents
Vitamin C Serum Benefits
This powerful antioxidant boasts a host of benefits when applied topically to the surface of the skin. If you need further convincing to try this wonder vitamin on your skin, check out this list of benefits:
- Helps Hydrate Skin – Vitamin C has a hydrating effect on the skin as it reduces transepidermal water loss so that it is able to retain moisture more efficiently. Your skin will begin to feel dewy and supple with the inclusion of a vitamin C serum into your regimen.
- Helps Fade Hyperpigmentation (Dark Spots) – Although the use of a vitamin C serum will not completely eliminate signs of hyperpigmentation, it can have a drastic effect on its visible appearance. By impeding the production of melatonin, a vitamin C serum will fade dark spots and lead to a more even complexion.
- Boosts Collagen Production – One of the primary benefits of using vitamin C on the skin is that it will begin to increase the body’s production of collagen. With more collagen production, the skin will firm up and become more elastic and less prone to sagging.
- Mitigates Sun Damage – Because vitamin C is rich in antioxidants, it offers protection against free radicals. It is these free radicals that cause sun damage to the skin.
- Reduces the Appearance of Under-eye Circles – Another side benefit of daily use of a vitamin C serum is that it may reduce the appearance of those undesirable circles under the eyes. By lessening the discoloration of the skin, the skin under the eye will begin to take on a more natural color and glow.
7 Best Vitamin C Serums (According to Reddit)
1. Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum
Send a pick-me-up to dry and lifeless skin with this massive dose of topical vitamin C. This is the most talked about vitamin c serum on Reddit. Your skin will begin to build collagen and brighten up with each application of this serum. The formula also protects your skin from harmful environmental pollutants and stressors. The lightweight and non-greasy formula goes on smoothly and penetrates quickly into the skin. You only need to use two or three drops of this serum for each application.
2. Paula’s Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster 15% Vitamin C
Another Reddit cult favorite is Paula’s Choice vitamin c serum. Featuring a strong concentration of 15% vitamin C balanced with vitamin E and ferulic acid, this skin booster deserves a spot in your skincare protocol. The lightweight formula will absorb quickly into your skin. This fast absorption rate makes it a good choice as either a standalone product or mixed in with a daily moisturizer. The antioxidant-rich formula boosts the skin’s radiance, reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and brightens the complexion to leave a youthful appearance in its wake.
3. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
The prestigious Drunk Elephant line of skincare products is proud to present its C-Firma day serum, featuring a myriad of ingredients designed to provide lasting results. This serum contains L-ascorbic acid, ferulic acid, and vitamin E, along with a host of additional nutrients and fruit enzymes to pack a powerful punch. The unique combination of pumpkin ferment extract and pomegranate enzymes work as a team to slough away dead skin cells. C-Firma will remain active on the skin for up to 72 hours after application, giving your complexion a strong dose of radiance, hydration, and brightness.
4. Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root, Hyaluronic Acid, and Ferulic Acid
This popular product is made with a unique combination of vitamin C, konjac root, hyaluronic acid, and ferulic acid. Together, these ingredients work to deliver impressive results. You can expect the Mad Hippie vitamin C serum to lessen the visible effects of acne such as scarring and redness. The Mad Hippie serum works to reduce wrinkles and even out skin tone for a smoother complexion. Because it uses the more stable form of vitamin C in sodium ascorbyl phosphate, you will feel confident that the serum will not oxidize.
5. The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
This is one of the cheapest vitamin c serums, according to reddit. With a formula that includes 30% pure L-ascorbic acid, this water-free serum remains stable and effective. The light silicones ensure that the product goes on smoothly without the grittiness other products may leave behind. The Ordinary features affordable products that cover a wide range of uses and this particular serum is no exception.
6. SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic With 15% L-Ascorbic Acid
This patented vitamin C serum boasts a premium formula, delivering noticeable and fast results. The serum combines 15% pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) with 1% vitamin E and 0.5% ferulic acid. This combination provides advanced environmental protection from elements such as harmful ozone pollution and infrared radiation. The vitamin C in this product remains effective for at least 72 hours after each application, giving you benefits that keep on working. The paraben-free formula is suitable for dry, normal, and sensitive skin types.
7. NuFountain C20+Ferulic Vitamin C Serum
This value-driven serum features a 20% concentration of topical L-ascorbic acid along with ferulic acid. Combined with additional antioxidants, this serum improves the texture of the skin and boosts overall clarity. Reddit users mention that hyaluronic acid and panthenol are key ingredients in this formula, moisturizing the skin and leaving it hydrated and supple. Because the serum is made fresh with each order, you will feel confident knowing that you have a potent product to use daily.
How to Use a Vitamin C Serum
Incorporating a vitamin c serum into your skincare routine is easy, here’s how:
Step 1: Cleanse and Exfoliate Your Skin
Cleanse your skin with a gentle facial cleanser. Next, follow-up a chemical exfoliant. This will ensure that the skin is ready to receive the benefits of the serum. Be sure to let the skin properly dry before applying the serum so that it is efficiently absorbed.
Step 2: Apply a Few Drops of Serum To Your Palm
Next, apply a few drops of the serum into your hand. Remember that a little goes a long way when it comes to the powerful benefits of a vitamin C serum. Use your fingertips of the opposite hand to gently apply the serum onto your entire face. Do not apply the serum onto a cotton pad or washcloth first. This will only cause the serum to absorb into the material and waste too much of the product. You will see the most benefit and experience the least amount of waste if you apply it directly to the skin.
Step 3: Apply!
Apply drops of your vitamin serum on your face and neck area. Additionally, feel free to apply wherever else you would like its benefits to reach and penetrate. Keep in mind that vitamin c can be used both in the morning, and at night. Follow-up with your favorite non-comedogenic face moisturizer. Lastly, if you are using the serum in the morning, be sure to use a sunscreen in conjunction with the treatment.
Tip: You can choose to use your preferred vitamin C serum as a standalone product or you can put a few drops in your moisturizer and use them as a team. It is also important to note that while you can use vitamin C safely in combination with other types of skincare products, its use with niacinamide may cause the serums to become less effective.
Summary: Best Vitamin C Serums (According to Reddit)
- Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
- Paula’s Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster 15% Vitamin C
- Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root, Hyaluronic Acid, and Ferulic Acid
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic With 15% L-Ascorbic Acid
- The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
- NuFountain C20+Ferulic Vitamin C Serum
Why does vitamin c serum sting?
Because vitamin C can be extremely acidic. Therefore, it is not uncommon for the topical serums to cause skin irritation in some users. In order to acclimate your skin to this acidity, it is a good idea to work your way up with the dosage, using the serum only every other day until the skin adjusts to the ascorbic acid.
How can you patch test a vitamin c serum?
In order to test your skin to see how it will handle the vitamin C serum, apply a small dot on your hand and check back in a few hours for signs of irritation.
How much should you spend on a vitamin c serum?
Vitamin C serums vary widely in price, ranging from about $15 upwards to nearly $200. As with all skincare products, you should purchase the serum that fits into your budget. The more superior formulas will naturally cost more money.
How often should you use a vitamin c serum?
Feel free to use your vitamin C serum twice daily for maximum results. Most users report the most success by applying the serum at night and in the morning.
The Bottom Line
There is a subreddit community for everything. From cars, to personal finance to beauty. Of course when looking for the best vitamin c serums, you know reddit users will know all of the details. From vitamin c serums under $25, to ones closing on the $200 range, these products are sure to make a hit in your skincare routine.