Amazon is becoming an increasingly popular shopping destination for cosmetic products. But, with so many products to choose from, it can be difficult to find the right one. We reviewed the best vitamin C serum Amazon has to offer, and selected the best ones to choose from.
Read on and discover the 7 best vitamin c serums on Amazon.
Table of Contents
Buying a Vitamin C Serum on Amazon
There is a myriad of advantages to buying your vitamin C serum on Amazon. Here are the main advantages:
- You get access to a myriad of product reviews and user feedback.
- If you are an Amazon Prime member, you will enjoy complimentary two-day shipping on all Prime products.
- Amazon has also a reputation for refunding your money if there is something wrong with the product or the shipping process.
These are all perks of purchasing on Amazon, that other cosmetic retailers likely cannot match.
Best Vitamin C Serums on Amazon
In no particular order, these are 7 excellent vitamin c serums that can be purchased on Amazon.
1. Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum
Timeless Skin Care is one of the best vitamin c serums. Every time that you apply this serum, you will do so with the confidence of knowing that your skin will start to build collagen and firm up. The 20% concentration of vitamin C and E also guards the skin against a host of damaging pollutants. Users delight in the non-greasy formula that goes on lightly and quickly penetrates into the skin. This is an ideal product when looking to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and other types of skin discoloration.
2. Paula’s Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster 15% Vitamin C
With a concentration of 15% vitamin C, this potent skin booster provides visible results. The vitamin C balances with ferulic acid and vitamin E to deliver a lasting effect that goes well beyond the surface level of the skin. You do not have to wait long for the lightweight formula to absorb into the skin and instantly brighten the overall appearance of your skin. The rich antioxidant properties reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so that you can enjoy a younger-looking and more radiant skin tone.
3. Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root, Hyaluronic Acid, and Ferulic Acid
Featuring a unique mix of ingredients, this popular serum contains vitamin C, ferulic acid, konjac root, and hyaluronic acid. This product will diminish the appearance of a variety of skin imperfections, including acne scars, redness, and scarring. Because the Mad Hippie serum uses the more stable form of vitamin C in sodium ascorbyl phosphate, you will know that the premium serum will not oxidizee prior to arriving to you. With the inclusion of vitamin E, the serum also reduces the visibility of an uneven complexion and facial wrinkles.
4. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
The luxurious Drunk Elephant C-Firma day serum is the perfect complement to its premium line of skincare products. Included in this serum are potent ingredients such as L-ascorbic acid, ferulic acid, and vitamin E. The serum also boasts fruit enzymes, including pomegranate and pumpkin ferment extract. These ingredients are effective in peeling away dead skin cells to leave a wake of radiance and brightness. Because the C-Firma serum remains active for up to 72 hours after each application, you will receive long-lasting benefits.
5. La Roche-Posay Pure Vitamin C Face Serum with Salicylic Acid
This premium anti-aging facial serum contains a concentration of 10% pure vitamin C along with the addition of salicylic acid and neurosensine. The texture of the serum is rich and luxurious, leaving skin feeling noticeably softer and full of hydration after each use. It will not take long before you notice the increased radiance of the complexion.
6. The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
The value-driven skincare products from The Ordinary provide exceptional results at bargain prices. This water-free serum contains 30% pure L-ascorbic acid for maximum stability. Because of the light silicones, the product goes on smoothly with no grittiness. The results speak for themselves with this vitamin C serum.
7. NuFountain C20+Ferulic Vitamin C Serum
Made fresh upon each order, this serum offers a 20% concentration of topical L-ascorbic acid balanced with ferulic acid. The formula also includes vital hyaluronic acid and panthenol to keep the skin fully hydrated. With all of the added antioxidants, the product will even out skin tone and deliver a more radiant and clear complexion. The color-free and fragrance-free serum is suitable for all skin types, including those with an acne-prone complexion.
How to Use a Vitamin C Serum
Adding a vitamin c serum to your routine is easy. Follow these 3 simple steps:
- Cleanse your skin – by cleansing your skin, you remove dirt, excess oil and impurities – therefore allowing the product to better absorb.
- Allow skin to dry – by allowing your skin to dry, the leftover water will not disrupt the pH balance of the serum
- Apply your vitamin c serum – using only your fingers, apply a few drops of the serum to the palm of your hand. Gently apply the product to the entire face and neck area or wherever you want to see the benefits of the product.
- Follow-up with moisturizer – after using the serum, follow-up with your favorite moisturizer.
Note: Do not use a cotton pad for application. Vitamin C serums are not cheap and you will only be wasting the product if you do not apply it directly to the skin.
- The use of topical vitamin C is safe at night and in the morning.
- If using in the morning, be sure to follow with an application of sunscreen that prevents tanning.
- You can also use a moisturizer in conjunction with the serum. You can apply this separately or mix it in with your serum.
Summary: Best Vitamin C Serums on Amazon
- Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum (#1 Best Seller on Amazon)
- Paula’s Choice BOOST C15 Super Booster 15% Vitamin C (Best for Hyperpigmentation)
- Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum (Best Under $30)
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum (Best for Anti-Aging)
- La Roche-Posay Pure Vitamin C Face Serum with Salicylic Acid (Best for Acne)
- The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone (Best Budget)
- NuFountain C20+Ferulic Vitamin C Serum (Best for Sensitive Skin)
Is buying vitamin c serum on amazon safe?
Yes, it is safe to use Amazon for all of your skincare products. Many of the world’s most popular brands sell their products directly on Amazon in an effort to reach more customers. As always, be sure to check the reviews before purchasing to ensure that you are getting a verified product.
How can you patch test a vitamin c serum?
Before applying a vitamin C serum to your entire face, it is important that you patch test the product. To do this, simply apply a small dot of the serum on your hand. Check back in a few hours to ensure that the product did not cause any irritation or noticeable skin reactions.
How much should you spend on a vitamin c serum?
Most vitamin C serums range in price from $15 on the value-driven end of the spectrum all the way up to nearly $200 for high-end products. You should purchase the serum that fits your budget parameters. Moreover, if you can afford a more premium product, go for it! Superior formulas tend to cost a little more money due to research and development cost.
How often should you use a vitamin c serum?
For the most effective results, you should use the vitamin C serum once in the morning and again at night. Additionally, remember to apply sunscreen if using the product in the morning.
The Bottom Line
Amazon is a great way to get quality skincare products delivered right to your doorstep. And, finding the best vitamin c serum on Amazon will largely depend on your budget and skin concerns. Lastly, because Amazon has such a generous customer service, you can purchase without the fear of receiving a damaged product.